Tuesday 18 September 2012

Welcome Aboard

Captains Log.
Star date: 2012.262

Who knows if that star date is accurate. I googled star date in an attempt to make it accurate but I fell victim to the "effort" curse. According to the latest movie, it's accurate. But, in my searches for the correct star date, I found out that we've had 262 days this year. So.. that's something.

Since this is my first blog (or post or whatever) I should explain something: Realistically, I have absolutely no idea about blogging. I don't know if I am supposed to talk to myself, talk to someone else, if this is a journal or if this is some sort of way to intertwine with emotional feelings or a day to day guide to my world. I will be doing things my way. I'm talking directly to you, I'm probably not going to be emotional and I certainly won't do this daily. Also, I've have barely seen any Star Trek (and to be honest, I'm fine with that).

What do I do all day? Nothing and everything is a pretty valid answer to that. I love gaming, so that takes up most of my week. A fine example of this: We (Emz - Emily, The Girlfriend and I) just moved out of our apartment and the week before we had to move I sat down to hunt these two achievements:


These took days to get. Days I should of spent packing, probably. I'm highly unmotivated to accomplish real life goals. Why bother? I get rewarded for my gaming accomplishments. I usually have very little to show from things that are far more difficult in real life. I'm still alive, that's probably my finest accomplishment to date. If you're reading this, then it's presumably yours too. 

Emily is my girlfriend of exactly 1y6m20d (I logically should of checked that with something on Google, but no. I sat here working it out on my hands.). She has been the highlight of my life for approximately 4 days now. That's a lie. I'm just hoping she read that and got a little fright. My second favourite past-time... Passtime?.. Passed-time?.. Passotimeo?.. My second favourite way to kill time is to scare her. Not like shouting "EVERY DAY BRINGS US CLOSER TO DEATH!!!" or something, just by jumping out from behind a door or convincing her there is a spider in the corner. The beautiful creature I claim as my own is in the picture below. 

This was taken in London. That shuffle-bag of flowery goodness was (un)officially my first gift to her, actually. 

What else do I do? Gaming. I know I said that but seriously, it's pretty much all I do. I've probably spent more time playing video games and playing around with computers and gadgets than I have training for life via education. I'm not one of those people who thinks education is a waste of time or something. Far from it, actually. But, I do believe that the education system here (in Ireland) is far far far slower than it needs to be. Anyway, fuck that.

I have a dog..kinda. It's more of a ball of energy, and it lives with (and is owned by) my Mum. But I will forever claim it as my own! I also have a three-legged cat called "Tri-pod". Not really, he's called "Suki". But my friend Dáire called him "Tri-pod" once and it stuck. For your viewing pleasure I have put a photo of the cat, dog and missus below! 


I also run a website/podcast with these happy fellows below (the exceptionally happy fellow is me). From left to right we have Jay, Jack, Kev and I. If you hear any of those names in the future, it's probably about them. Our website is KJBcast.com. Check it out, enjoy it, love it. It's a gaming news website. Our tagline is basically Gaming news, reviews, opinions and gossip. We give it all! A little less lately, mind you. We're all pretty damn busy. We did a podcast, it's actually how all of this (KJBcast) started.


The podcast idea came up from Jack (I think) and then he and I just pushed it in to existence, then the website kinda came naturally and now we're just a website because I'm heading to Norway in 17 days. Which leads us to why I started the blog in the first place. It's a way for me to remember what happened while I was there. So basically, I can barely keep up with the work load of posting stories to KJBcast and I took on a blog. Good move, Ken (oh, I'm Ken btw)

Sooo.. what's next on the "Things I'm About" list? Guitar, probably. I love music. I love listening to it, I love writing it and I love working on it. In Norway I will (hopefully) be working for PScrew Bergen. They're a stage crew. The best company I've come across in my many years on this planet (I can has job now?). Anyway, I've played guitar for many a year now. 


What else? I'm not really sure. I think I will just have to wing it as I go. Basically, I have some awesome friends, awesome taste and I'm all round awesomeness. Of course, it could just be me who thinks that. 

left to right: Fahy (oldest friend, not by age but by time known), Kevin, Myself, Aisling (Kev's Missus), B-ry, Jay and Ciara (also a couple, and exactly at the same point of the photo which makes it insanely difficult when trying to name from left to right. Typical Jay), Eoin (aka Onion, known almost as long as Fahy), Jack (the real Sheldon Cooper - Big Bang Theory), Mother (not a nickname, she's actually my mom), David and Niamh (Onion's Missus). 

Basically, that's my life. 
Welcome aboard the SS.RoperSeiler. 


No comments:

Post a Comment