Wednesday 19 September 2012

The Diary of Kenifant

Disclaimer: This is more of an introduction to the people you'll be hearing about over the next few months. This blog isn't really going to start until I move to Norway. I'm just filling in some of the gaps as I go.

Norway is growing ever nearer. I am a little skeptical of moving to another country after my previous experiences in a foreign land. I should probably explain... but I won't. *worlds worst blog*

I moved to Germany in late 2010. I pretty much hit Germany at the start of October, much like I will be hitting Norway. I lived in Germany for the better part of 6-8 months and I got sued for €1,200, damaged my bosses car, went a little crazy and off the rails and lost myself in a big bad way. Also, I came up with an album, a movie script involving my old band (Zebra) and made some designs for a pretty badass robot, so it wasn't all bad.

My fears are that I will somehow bring this "Kenifant" (Kenifant. Plural: Kenifantastics. Definition: A mythical creature. Half Ken, Half Elephant. Known for causing mass destruction completely by accident. Not to be confused with the dimwitted oaf.) luck with me to an otherwise peaceful country. I have no intentions of causing harm to Norway, of course. I love it there! But still, my luck proceeds me. My German boss dubbed my Kenifant after I wrecked.. well.. everything! Either way, if all else fails, this blog should make a somewhat decent book after I've been shot down for the attempted murder of a hotdog vendor, when really I was just trying to tie my shoelace or something. "The Diary of Kenifant" they'll call it. Millions it'd make me. Well, if I wasn't shot down.

I suppose I could talk more about the people in my life, as I'm really unsure of what else I should talk about. I've already told you guys about numero uno, Emz, so I'll push on. However, you should check out her side of life from her new blog! I've got Fahy. Fahy, as I said in the last post thingy, is my oldest friend. I've known him since forever. My age was in a single digit when we met, but just barely. He has one photo that he hates, so obviously that is the best choice to use. I actually am living with him at this exact moment in time. We're (Emz and I, not Fahy and I) are saving for our long-term trip to Norway, so we needed a place to crash with little to no rent. He stepped up to the plate, so for that (and that alone) I will leave at any and all embarrassing stories of him.. until a few months from now and I've forgotten I promised that, or until he pisses me off. Whichever comes first.


Eoin (Aka: Onion) is an interesting breed of human. If I could use one drink to describe him, it'd be a b-52 shot. Coffee Liqueur, Baileys and Marnier all carefully mixed together. The coffee represent his hyper, psychotic nature. The Baileys is his smoothness when it comes to anything and the Marnier.. well.. I have no idea what the fuck that is. He's my musical counterpart. We play guitar all the time and work on music together simply because we know how to bounce ideas around one another in the best possible way.


Summer of 69' just came on shuffle. I wonder if that was Bryan Adams's's's's way of blogging. I think my blogs would be far more interesting with a 4 chord structure and some B-ry Adams vocals. That ain't gonna happen, though. Don't get your hopes up. I had to skip the song, I was mere seconds away from trying to pass his lyrics as blog material. 

Alright, so. Who's next? Seriously, I'm asking. I honestly have no idea. I guess we can discuss some of the KJBcast crew. Those are probably the people I've spent the most time with in the last billion months (7). I'll do them all in one go, since they're basically one giant awesome friend, as apposed to a platoon of friends. 


This photo is from our final podcast before I head off to the Scandinavian capital (that may or may not be true). Ok so from left to right we have Kev, I worked with him in Tesco (a supermarket chain that treats it's employees about as good as it's stock). He is actually how I met the KJB. The KJB is a gaming clan that has spun out of control and now has podcasts, websites, facebook pages and far far more. We do get constantly mistaken for a religious group of the same name, but realistically I think we're all ok with that. A little worship never hurt anyone... I think. I had gotten a nice lil' paycheck from work and I asked Kev if he thought I should get an Xbox of PS3 and he convinced me to get an Xbox and XBL Gold. I did, I met the guys and here we are. Kev has a great sense of humour, it's always fun to try and make him laugh. It's almost rewarding to make him laugh since his laugh is so infectious. Not because he has leprosy and he breathes out when he laughs or something, just purely because you can't help but laugh when he does. 

Next up we have Jack. As I said before, he's the Sheldon Cooper that Sheldon Cooper wished he was. Oddly enough, Jack is also the one I get along with the most. We share a similar line of interests. Comics, Videos Games and Movies. He is far more into comics than I am, though. He knows things about comics that I (nor anyone else) could possibly know. He's also far far smarter than he needs to be. He also doesn't drink (alcohol), so I'm sure there is some sort of scientific reason that he is both smart and sober. He is also a meme-aholic. I've never seen someone with such an addiction to internet memes. 

Next we have me. But you're going to be sick of me by the end of this blog, so I think I'll skip me. Finally we have Jay. He's secretly the funniest person I have ever met. I'm never sure if he's funny on purpose or not, but I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life as I do when I'm around Jay. Our podcast would of been terrible without him. It's kind of funny that he wasn't even supposed to be on KJBcast. Someone else was going to be on our first podcast and just didn't show up so Jay just stepped in and saved the day, and the podcast. 

Who's next? I can probably do a quick tackle of the family and wrap this up, this is less of a blog and more of a novel(ty). First up we have mother. She has been/is/will always be one of the guys more than my mom. All of my friends adore her and she has pretty much taken care of all of them at one point or another. Pretty much all of my closest friends have lived with me at some point or another, and a lot of people who aren't even in my life anymore. I'm sure there is a link there, somewhere. She is one of the most giving/caring people ever. I consider myself lucky to have her in my life! Also with mother, myself and Emz in this photo is Emz mom. Emz mom is absolutely out of her mind in the best possible way. Her laugh could fill a stadium. 



Next up we have my awesome sister, Cat. She got the brains and the beauty in the family. It left me with very little to work with. She's probably the funniest person you'll ever meet in your entire life. Sadly (for me) she lives in California. It pretty much means seeing her once a year (if I'm lucky), if not then it is two years until we get her back over here (Ireland). She's studying hard and working harder. Couldn't be prouder!



I've got my Dad next. He's crazy, sane, serious and hilarious all at the same time. He's funny in the silliest way, but I love that. He's awesome. He has been in my life since I was 5 or something. Maybe older, maybe younger? Who knows? or cares? He got me in to a lot of the music I like today, such as Guns n Roses and many others. He's awesome. Silly, but awesome. 


I have also got a sister on Dad's side. Marie, she's awesome. She has her own music school and has probably been on stage more times in her life than could be counted. Incredible performer. Her music school (in Dublin, Ireland) is awesome, you should check it out. It's called Harmania



My Granny (Dad's Mum) has probably been closer to killing me out of frustration more than anymore, but she is fantastic. She's almost a stereotype of an elderly lady. She has put up with me for my entire life. Retirement indeed. I probably brought far more chaos down on that poor woman than she could handle, but she persevered. She also thought me how to sit at a table correctly, hold a knife and fork and, of course, not to swear in front of the elderly or you'll probably get grounded. Whilst that threat has less meaning now, the lesson still holds up.


Finally (I think/hope) we have Ole. Emz Dad. He's awesome! He's very easy to talk to and get along with! We'll be crashing at his in Norway for a while so we can figure out what to do next when we get there. He lives right next to everything (not literally), It's pretty awesome. 


Oh wait, one more. But this is more a build up to the future. We've got a few of Emz friends, that'll probably be mentioned in this blog quite a bit seeing as we're going to be living close to them. I'll just mention the few most important ones to save time, but the rest will probably be mentioned. If I left someone out, don't take offence! I'm also not sure if I have a photo of everyone, I've only been there 3 times and Emz has like.. 5 Billion friends. 


They are all really nice people. From left to right, straight across. Emz, Jenny, Terje, Julie, Rachel, Jenny (again) and Karoline. Jenny is Emz best friend. Emz pretty much talks exclusively about her, so I'm positive she'll come up again in the blognessness. Terje is Julie's boyfriend, Julie is Jenny's sister and Rachel is friends with them from the stable. Karoline is also one of Emz best friends. I think I've seen her more than any of the others. They're all insanely nice and incredibly friendly. Considering I don't speak Norwegian, they've all made it very easy for me to be there and made me feel really welcome. The reason I picked the horse photo is because EVERYONE in Norway seems to have a horse. But that's just a build up to something I will no doubt mention a lot in the future. 

FINALLY, we're done. Jeeze. That was huge! I hope the rest won't be this long. I spent almost 2 hours trying to locate photos and such. Besides photos that I'm in, I think I took all of these. I pretty much will exclusively use photos that I have taken, I think. I love taking photos, so it makes sense. I don't really know if I have a sign-off or something for a blog, nor do I know how to end it. So bare with me while I experiment! I'm honestly typed out now so this life advice will have to do!

Don't Eat Yellow
Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment