Thursday 20 September 2012

Pongry Birds

So we've done the introduction and we've done the character guide, what's next in the Story guide 101? "Chapter 1 - Some stuff happens". This post will probably be scattered as I'm still not 100% on what it is I am supposed to do. I assume blogging is much like writing a story. I've read a handful of blogs and all of them are really just a day to day guide in the life of..... and so forth. I asked Twitter for advice, and it prevailed! I got an immediate response from a friend with some pretty good advice. "Just promote the shit out of it and stick to what you're interested not what's trendy. Think about what kind of blogs you read yourself and you might get inspired".

So what am I interested in?

Music, Instruments, Photography, Animals, Travelling, Gaming and Technology. Now, how do I combine that into one awesome little blog? I like the idea that I'm actually speaking to someone else, so the format will probably have to remain this way. I've read more books and autobiographies than blogs, so this is just what I'm used to! I know they're not even nearly the same thing but hey, you're not forced to read this! I'm all for constructive criticism. Constructive over destructive though, please.

I have absolutely no speaking skill. Typing skill, perhaps. But whenever I say something, it usually isn't the way I mean it. I was never really good with the expression in a sentence. I say something and it sounds angry, so people assume I'm angry (logically). I used to work customer service in a supermarket. That was unusual. I hated the fake smile and such, plus I'm not really the type of person who takes crap. If someone gives me a tiny bit of aggression, I tend to blow up in their face. I prefer the anonymity and lack of permanence when it comes to typing, particularly like this. You may know who I am and what I look like, but I've had a lot of time to redact anything that I think is stupid or overly-hostile, but in the real world once you say something, that's it. No going back. It always seems so permanent. I guess in a blog it is too, once you hit publish. But even then, you have an edit button. Careful wording adds a lot more pressure when it comes to day to day life. Anyway, this is not good blog material! The lack of permanence with your words is just something that makes blogging easier than one-on-one interaction.

So, music? I can never understand someone who doesn't like at least some sort of music. I'm ok with the fact that people don't like my music, but if you don't like music at all? Fuck. What do you do when you're bored or angry or sad? My favourite thing to do when I need to vent is just take it out on my guitar, or just blast music through my skull. Even as I type this I'm listening to American Capitalist by Five Finger Death Punch. Music is a fantastic escape from anything and everything. What is the last song you listened to? 

Technology. I am a tech-whore. I love pretty much anything tech. I really like Apple, they're just so easy. I know there's a lot of anti-apple out there but honestly, I don't care. Different strokes for different folks. Apple need a better company face, now. They keep suing everyone. So does Samsung. It's all so petty and dumb, honestly I just want my iPhone and I want you to shut the fuck up. I don't care what came from where, I just care that it works and I can use it. If you like Samsung, Nokia, Apple, or some other brand, who the fuck really cares? Taste used to be individual! Now I just get judged for the logo on the back of my phone or computer. I have a MacBook Pro, iPhone and iPad. Judge away! Honestly, I love it. I have a developer account with apple, so I make my own apps and I love it. Nothing published, yet. But I haven't tried. 

Currently I have an app awaiting launch for my Sister's (Marie) School, Harmania. It's nothing fancy, yet. It's just a basic app with some introductory information about the school and a few little features. Nothing major, just something to play around with. I've made a few games like "Pong" and shit like that, but nothing major. Maybe I'll just combine it with angry birds. "Pongry Birds". Patent Pending! I'd make millions just because of the Angry Birds name. 


Photography is something I've always loved. Since I can remember I've been a shutterbug. Taking pictures of anything and everything. My first real digital camera was this little awesome thing. It literally ate batteries like nothing I've ever owned. Great times, though. I then got a little red camera my mom had and started filming a skating movie (y'know.. logical first choice when you get a mini video camera). Currently rocking a Canon EOS 1000D. Probably the best camera I've ever had! When we took a road trip through Norway 2 months ago, I got lucky with this shot from a Waterfall just outside Bergen. 


I love nature and animals too. Everything looks so beautiful when it's natural. I always question why models aren't in nature so more. If you want to make someone look beautiful, it makes sense to take the photos in a beautiful place. Either way, if you ever get the chance to go to Norway, go there! I'm not 100% on the exact location, but really it doesn't matter. Any waterfall will do! They're all stunning. Case in point, the photo below was taken a few hours and many a mile later. 


Literally mid-blog I got called over to my neighbours house to see the Daughter off the the Debs. For those who don't know, a Debs is like a Prom. She looked amazing. Very film-noire. I brought the camera and got more pictures. I love taking pictures! Capturing a moment for infinite time is always fascinating. I have literally taken thousands of photos in my life and yet I can still remember how I felt during each moment. I couldn't possibly tell you the greatest moment in my life because I've had so many, but I'm happy to have them to look over as much as I like. I'm also happy to have a new place to share them! I found a quote that I absolutely adore, so that's the perfect way to sign off. Until next time, blogaholics! 



"Stop waiting for the perfect day or the perfect moment... Take THIS day, THIS moment and lead it to perfection"
- Steve Maraboli

No comments:

Post a Comment