Tuesday 25 September 2012

I Found My Muse

So much new music out. Muse - 2nd Law is out on Friday, A7X just released a new track for Black Ops, a friends band in the U.S is about to have a huge killer announcement (which I can't talk about here..yet..), Ke$ha's new single is out tomorrow, Soundgarden's new album hits mid-November and Lana Del Rey just announced that she's releasing her album again with 9 (or 10) extra tracks. Been a huge few days for those announcements. I know there is more but I cannot remember them all. As I type this I am listening to the full Muse - 2nd Law album online. It's actually really good! Very.. different. Panic Station is so 80's it is unreal. I really really like that Chris sings on the album. His songs are really good. It's also a really good example of stepping out of your comfort zone to try something that really will pay off. We're (Emz and I) are going to see Muse in November in Vienna, Austria. It's going to be awesome. 

It's a very varied album. I like it, though. I love when a band is willing to step so far out of it's comfort zone and it pays off. Emz said something that I can't get out of my head when I listen to the new Muse stuff. "Everytime Muse release an album they seem to lose 1 fan but gain 2". I love that. Taking risks pays off, regardless of losing the smaller fans. You build a die-hard fan base that'll never leave. It's really the best possible way to thrive as a band. I love the song "Follow Me" on the new album. It starts with Matt's Son's Hearbeat as the opening to the track, which is cute and awesome. Plus it has Nero so it really can't go wrong. 

I love mixing music. I trained for 2 years to become a sound engineer, and I do plan to (eventually) continue and learn as much as possible. I love mixing and writing music. I often help others write more so, though. I have a few friends who often ask me for advice when I'm writing songs and such. It's a lot of fun to build something from nothing. 

As the Muse album plays on, I remain happy to hear it. So far I don't see how this could lose any fans. It is so typically Muse. There's risk with a sense of familiarity, how is that worthy of losing a fan? I love it. It's an amazing album. Looking forward to receiving the pre-order on Friday morning. I strongly suggest you all get it if you like that sort of Muse-ic. Oh, and the Avengers. Get the Avengers. It's incredible. That is all. My quote of the day comes from Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickinson, but I think it applies quite highly to this blog, and to Muse. With the end of the album comes the end of my blog. 10/10 album, 1/10 blog. It evens out somewhere along that line! Have a good'n!


I put my pants on just like the rest of you, one leg at a time.
Except once my pants are on, I make gold records.

1 comment: