Saturday 22 September 2012

Four Score and Seven Year ago.. Some Stuff Happened

I have been staying with my childhood friend, Luke. So, logically a looooad of old stories have been coming up. It makes me wonder what stories I would tell my future children. It also makes me wonder why I was such an idiot as a teenager.

I have done many many MANY things as a young adult that I question now (as a slightly older young adult)....(ok fine, an adult.). If I could go back and talk to past me, I would as so many questions. Questions like why it was it so important to have a tag (graffiti) when I didn't spray paint, or why I simply HAD to fight every single teacher on every single topic. But that's life, I suppose. You do stupid shit so that you get it out of your system before you come to the point in your life where you have to put up with someone else's stupid shit.

The child in you never leaves, though. At least not completely. Case in point: I'm currently awaiting the food I put in the oven to finish so I can sit down with my beautiful girlfriend and watch Tin Tin. Tin Tin has been a mildly important part of my life for as long as I can remember. My dad would always get me the books when I was growing up.

So, Tin Tin is now over and I am now full. I also have lost my train of thought. Going to Watch Mission Impossible 4 now. I can't remember if I liked the other 3 but Metallica and Limp Bizkit were on the soundtrack for 2 of em. Tom Cruise really doesn't sell me to a movie. Except Top Gun. He's the boss in Top Gun.

I suppose that wraps things up for today. I don't know where I was going with this and I'm incredibly distracted by this movie.

It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing
But I couldn't give it up, because by that time I    was too famous. 
- Robert Benchley

No comments:

Post a Comment