Thursday 22 November 2012

Wiener

I am a huge Wiener. That's right, I'm a tall Austrian citizen (Seriously). I'm starting a campaign here and now to make it so that all Austrian citizens should be called Wieners. Vienna is "Wien" in several languages. Makes sense. "FREE THE WIENERS!" They'd say, if the Austrian's were being held prisoners. But what are the odds of that happening... again?

So, why all this talk of Austria? Well, I'm going there. Now, as a matter of fact. I'm sitting in Bergen airport with an hour to kill, so blogging really was my only choice. I've got a busy few days ahead! We land at around 10pm or something, so there is no real events (other than flying..twice..) going on today. Tomorrow, however, I have a date with the most beautiful girl in the world. 

I don't know if I'll invite Emily or not (just kidding, it's totally with her.. don't kill me when you read this..). There'll be some sight seeing and such! I'm picking up my concert tickets for Muse.. oh.. AND MY PRESS PASS!.. That's right, I've gotten myself a handy little press pass for the event.


Monday we really only have Muse and maybe a little local sight-seeing. We'll wing it. Tuesday we're going to the stables of the Lipizzaner Stallions so Emz can fulfil some childhood fantasy of actually being near a famous horse (I'm sure that's not really it, but hit up her blog for more info).

Tuesday... I actually have no clue. Then wednesday we come home! I'll already be back when you read this, though. 

I'm blogging the whole time, too. It'll all be one long adventure in the Wien. Anywho, better get cracking.. I've got a whooooole... 45 MINUTES?! DAMNIT!!! I thought this would kill more time. Well, I've got a whole 44 minutes and 43 seconds to kill, so... I had better get right on that!

Day 1: So far the airline lost our luggage (both suitcases), our hotel does not have wifi, my 3G does not work as promised and Emz lenses case was in the suitcase. So, we walked around Vienna at 2am looking for a 24 hour pharmacy just so we could get her some solution and a new protective case. Crazy!

Day 2: Our suitcases were found, hurrah! huzzah! other-ah! Also, my 3G now works, too. So, they're delivering the cases now and I think everything appears to be back in order. Breakfast was also awesome. When the suitcases come in, I think we're going out for dinner. Cannot wait!

Day 3: We went shopping. Oh god. The shopping. So many things! None of it mine! Emz went crazy a little bit. But she's so happy, so it's worth it. Little bit of a chill out session now and then we head to the venue to get my press pass for Muse.
Day 4: The concert was incredible. EVERYTHING is just incredible! I got right up to Muse and I got to take so many good photos. I'm so happy! Today we went to the Spanish Riding School, which is primarily where the Lipizzaner stallions are. We got a tour and to see some training, which was amazing. Then we took a trip through Vienna on a horse drawn carriage. I've never been in one before, so this was awesome and amazing and new! That photo is at the very top, then the third photo down is Emz with the horses. They raided her pockets for treats. I do that from time to time, too. She never has sugar cubes!! She sometimes offers me carrots, but fuck that. SUGAR CUBES. (Note: I don't actually eat sugar cubes)

Day 5: We checkout out of the hotel today! It was pretty depressing. I'm going to miss the sights and smells and sounds. We're currently 10 minutes from boarding the plane to Frankfurt (which will then require us to get another plane to take us to Bergen). It's a 2 hour flight, for whatever reason. I'm currently contacting every one possible about press passes for more concerts. I've tasted the sweet nectar that is the music business. There is no going back. Well, time to pack up. TO BERGEN! 

We sat in the car for ages telling Emz mom about the trip. Emz mom had parked outside the bank below our apartment so long that the police showed up. 

So, that was our Austrian vacation! It was pretty damn amazing! Words cannot describe how amazing it was. So much more happened than what I've even been able to blog about, but I think this is long enough! For a sneak peek at some more Muse photos from the concert you can see them on Facebook here, but only on the condition that you "like" them. I need as many likes as I can get! Don't be afraid of over-liking, either. The more, the better! You can also see a video of the crowd waiting for Muse here. I got it just before the show, while I was at the stage.

Ok so that's my blog for now. Not sure when I'll blog again, but hang in there! It'll come soon! Much love to you all. Take care!
I like music because it makes me feel the most free I've ever felt in my entire life 
and gives me the freedom to do anything without much consequence
- Dominic Howard, Muse

1 comment: