Monday 8 October 2012

That One Time I Did Something!

In accordance with my previous blog, I will only be blogging on a weekly basis now! I think the best possible time to do this is actually on Tuesday since we're moving to Norway this coming Tuesday. Weekly blogs starting on moving day. Makes sense! That way I will be blogging as of the moment I arrive until the moment I leave. If I blog when I get back I will be surprised. Enjoy me while you can, people!

We hit up the storage unit today. Second last day doing that! Crazy. Moving day is so close! I am half excited, half nervous, half upset about moving! My many halves are combined in to a grumpy cookie. I have no real idea how I feel about moving. I'm excited for some parts, and not excited for others. But I'll be with Emz, so it'll be fine! Also, my destiny does not approve of me having €3 today.

It's officially 2 days until we head to Norway. I'll already be there by the time you've read this, but still. IT"S 2  DAYS! That's crazy. I'm not sure how to react to things like this! I'm excited and nervous all at the same time! I'm looking forward to work. That's going to be fun! I'm really excited to spend more time with Emz dad. He's always really nice and cool. He knows an insane amount about graffiti. I'm extremely excited to see some of the graffiti and street art that Norway has to offer.

Last time we were there I saw some amazing things when it came to street art. My favourite is small, but effective. It's an incredible piece. The picture I am referring to is (obviously not the Norwegian flag), it is below!

I love the fact that it is faded. For some reason that just makes the picture 10 times more compelling than if it was a completed piece. I'm not sure why, though. It just makes it look old. It makes it look like there is a story to tell!

Beyond the world of 2 days from now, we are going to say goodbye to my Granny and Dad and his Girlfriend and her Daughter today! That sounds more confusing than it is.. kinda.. They live about 5 minutes walk from my moms house now, so it makes it a lot easier to get to! They lived in Bray until we moved there for a month, then they moved to Killiney where we are staying now. I hope they don't move to Norway now or it'll seem like we're just following them around!

Wow, so this is it! D-day! Moving to Norway. I'm officially flying out in 11 hours from now. Crazy! This pile-o-disks is my xbox game collection. I got a whopper CD case today and sorted them out (alphabetically) and have now got them perfectly together. Crazy carry on. I didn't realise I had so many! I knew I had loads but this is insane.

I stupidly forgot one of my favourite games was in a different box, so now it is in the storage unit for the next 10 months. Dumbass I be! Batman: Arkham City, I will be back for you! I was at the unit today but I didn't realise until it was far far too late. ARGH! I know it's just one game, but it's THE game! I'm playing Borderlands 2 a lot right now, so I guess it's ok!

I put my name in to work with PS! Crew Bergen again. Hopefully I can get some work (and money) and fund my time there in Bergen. I love working for PS! Crew. They're fantastic!

I have started questioning my halloween plans this year. Halloween is the single greatest holiday ever created. There is a new Treehouse of Horror (Simpsons), there are old horror movies on TV (not that I watch much TV) and everyone tries their best to be something else. It's so much fun.

Favourite horror creature? I liked Vampires until it became the weirdest thing ever. Vampires used to be amazing. I LOVE the whole Frankenstein story. That's a fantastic one. I really like Dracula and the Wolfman too. Werewolves are overused a lot in modern horror so that fascination died down too. I like the classics, or originality. The classics are fantastic stories. They are always better. New horrors couldn't scare an infant. I am so out of the loop on new horror films, though. I watched Cabin in the Woods. THAT I liked. I'm a huge Whedon fan, though. I love his style. Plus I love all the actors in that movie.

I still haven't answered the question of my favourite horror. I think Wolfman is the best. I was debating with myself if Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde was a horror. If it is, then that's my favourite. If not, then the Wolfman story is perfect.

I need to go to bed. It's almost time to go! WHOA! I'll be blogging weekly on Tuesdays from here on out. Look out for that, and don't forget to check out Emz blog! I'll leave you with a quote from one of the best stories of all time! Take it easy!

I was slowly losing hold of my original and better self
and becoming slowly incorporated with my second and worse
- Dr. Jekyll

1 comment: